SONG: A Miracle
John Braner
2017-08-28 16:00:16 UTC
I've got a new song out. It's called "A Miracle" - you can check it
out here:
https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13621549

I've had to wait a little while, as I was using a beta copy of Superior 3 an dhad to wait until it
was announced ;-)

You won't hear anything drastic - but it is using the Pearl kit from S3
Otherwise - the usual suspects.

Trilian Bass
Some Kontakt instruments
the Strat and Tele
Uhe Diva

I also started using some new compressors, and mixed in to a little buss compression on th edrum
buss and main buss.

All comments welcome ;-)

Don't forget - CDs (including my newest one "Pull the Other One")
are also available at https://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/JohnBraner
and all the normal streaming services.
--
===========
John Braner

https://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/JohnBraner
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
polymod
2017-08-28 19:07:09 UTC
"John Braner" wrote in message news:oo1emi$9mh$***@news.albasani.net...

Hi,
I've got a new song out. It's called "A Miracle" - you can check it
out here:
https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13621549
Yea! I like it!!!
Very engaging and I dig the solo especially around the 3+minute mark. Strat
sounds great!

Poly

---
John Braner
2017-08-28 19:25:22 UTC
Post by John Braner
Hi,
I've got a new song out. It's called "A Miracle" - you can check it
https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13621549
Yea! I like it!!!
Very engaging and I dig the solo especially around the 3+minute mark. Strat sounds great!
Poly
---
Thanks a lot Poly!
--
===========
John Braner

Glennbo
2017-08-28 20:09:59 UTC
In news:oo1emi$9mh$***@news.albasani.net the killer robot John Braner
<***@myhouse.com> grabbed the controls of the spaceship cakewalk.audio
and pressed these buttons...
Post by John Braner
I've got a new song out. It's called "A Miracle" - you can check it
https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13621549
Cool song John. Dig the 60ish sounding tone and tremolo.
Post by John Braner
I've had to wait a little while, as I was using a beta copy of
Superior 3 an dhad to wait until it was announced ;-)
I bring individual drum sounds out to the mixer in my DAW and do all the FX
and mixing there, so I don't use the mixer or FX in Superior, plus I play
Superior from my V-Drums, so I don't use any of the arranging or composing.

Is there anything Superior 3 does better when using it like that?
--
Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
________ __
Glennbo http://www.soundclick.com/glennbo
John Braner
2017-08-28 20:57:52 UTC
Post by Glennbo
and pressed these buttons...
Post by John Braner
I've got a new song out. It's called "A Miracle" - you can check it
https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13621549
Cool song John. Dig the 60ish sounding tone and tremolo.
Hi G'bo - thanks a lot for listening.
Post by Glennbo
Post by John Braner
I've had to wait a little while, as I was using a beta copy of
Superior 3 an dhad to wait until it was announced ;-)
I bring individual drum sounds out to the mixer in my DAW and do all the FX
and mixing there, so I don't use the mixer or FX in Superior, plus I play
Superior from my V-Drums, so I don't use any of the arranging or composing.
Is there anything Superior 3 does better when using it like that?
That's exactly what I do. The UI is revamped, and the new kits are over 200GB (!), so it's worth it
just for the new kits ;-)
--
===========
John Braner

Glennbo
2017-08-29 15:19:43 UTC
In news:oo204g$i8p$***@news.albasani.net the killer robot John Braner
Post by John Braner
Post by Glennbo
Post by John Braner
I've had to wait a little while, as I was using a beta copy of
Superior 3 an dhad to wait until it was announced ;-)
I bring individual drum sounds out to the mixer in my DAW and do all
the FX and mixing there, so I don't use the mixer or FX in Superior,
plus I play Superior from my V-Drums, so I don't use any of the
arranging or composing.
Is there anything Superior 3 does better when using it like that?
That's exactly what I do. The UI is revamped, and the new kits are
over 200GB (!), so it's worth it just for the new kits ;-)
I'm pretty picky about drum sounds, so 200GB of sounds that I didn't select
myself doesn't get me excited. I never ever use any of the Avatar samples
that came with Superior 2. I still don't like the way they sound at all.

I also hate it when software companies tout how much space they require as
if that's always a good thing. Cakewalk used to really tick me off by
filling my hard drive up with tons of stuff I didn't want or use.

I'd buy a stripped down version of Superior 3 that had no mixing, no
composing, but will load the *new* samples which I'm betting they will
intentionally make incompatible with Superior 2. Let me buy the sound
engine with nothing else, and then let me select the samples I want. :-)
John Braner
2017-08-29 20:46:22 UTC
Post by Glennbo
and pressed these buttons...
Post by John Braner
Post by Glennbo
Post by John Braner
[...]
Oh well, I guess you're not getting Superior 3 then ;-)

I figure bigger kits mean more articulations, round robins etc. Of course there are also way more
room and "surround" (really just more room mics spread around) mics too...
--
===========
John Braner

Glennbo
2017-08-29 23:40:02 UTC
In news:oo4jqv$i0k$***@news.albasani.net the killer robot John Braner
Post by John Braner
Post by Glennbo
Post by John Braner
Post by Glennbo
Post by John Braner
[...]
So far I haven't seen or heard of anything Superior 3 has or does that are
things I need or want enough to spend that much money on an upgrade. I
think I only had to pay $150 to upgrade from Superior 1 to Superior 2.

If I were to spend $200 (which I don't have anyway), it would have to be
for something that made a BIG difference in using V-Drums with Superior.
Post by John Braner
I figure bigger kits mean more articulations, round robins etc. Of
course there are also way more room and "surround" (really just more
room mics spread around) mics too...
I'd have to hear the sounds. More can be better, but more can also just be
more. For example, I'd rather have a five articulation with no room mics
sample of a fantastic sounding snare drum than a 500 articulation and 12
room mics sample of an OK sounding snare. Maybe they will drop the price
to $100 to upgrade and then I might think about it. :-)
John Braner
2017-08-30 15:18:08 UTC
Post by Glennbo
and pressed these buttons...
Post by John Braner
Post by Glennbo
Post by John Braner
Post by John Braner
I figure bigger kits mean more articulations, round robins etc. Of
course there are also way more room and "surround" (really just more
room mics spread around) mics too...
I'd have to hear the sounds. More can be better, but more can also just be
more. For example, I'd rather have a five articulation with no room mics
sample of a fantastic sounding snare drum than a 500 articulation and 12
room mics sample of an OK sounding snare. Maybe they will drop the price
to $100 to upgrade and then I might think about it. :-)
Here's the best deal so far
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Superior-Drummer-3-Upgrade-From-SD2-14759-Time-Space-m3644088.aspx

Maybe Black Friday will be better ;-)
--
===========
John Braner

Glennbo
2017-08-30 16:56:05 UTC
In news:oo6kvi$vno$***@news.albasani.net the killer robot John Braner
Post by John Braner
Post by Glennbo
Post by John Braner
Post by Glennbo
Post by John Braner
Post by John Braner
I figure bigger kits mean more articulations, round robins etc. Of
course there are also way more room and "surround" (really just more
room mics spread around) mics too...
I'd have to hear the sounds. More can be better, but more can also
just be more. For example, I'd rather have a five articulation with
no room mics sample of a fantastic sounding snare drum than a 500
articulation and 12 room mics sample of an OK sounding snare. Maybe
they will drop the price to $100 to upgrade and then I might think
about it. :-)
Here's the best deal so far
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Superior-Drummer-3-Upgrade-From-SD2-14759-Time-Space-m3644088.aspx
Maybe Black Friday will be better ;-)
Unfortunately, when I clicked US dollars it went from 147 pounds
to $238.80 US. Either way, I don't have even 147 US dollars to
blow on music software right now. Gotta take a breather from all
the other expenses like having to spend $150 US on a battery for
one of the cars last weekend. :-/
BobF
2017-08-30 17:24:01 UTC
Post by Glennbo
and pressed these buttons...
Post by John Braner
Post by Glennbo
Post by John Braner
Post by Glennbo
Post by John Braner
Post by John Braner
[...]
If you would trade/buy a new vehicle every 3 years, you have to spend
munny on batteries! ;)

Not something I do ....
Glennbo
2017-08-30 17:53:39 UTC
In news:oo6s3d$4ut$***@dont-email.me the killer robot BobF
<***@spam.free> grabbed the controls of the spaceship cakewalk.audio
and pressed these buttons...
Post by BobF
Post by Glennbo
Post by John Braner
Post by Glennbo
Post by John Braner
Post by Glennbo
Post by John Braner
Post by John Braner
[...]
I've had my car for 4.5 years, bought it with cash and the battery I just
replaced, was the one it came with. I plan to keep that car until it isn't
worth keeping up, which will be another 10-20 years! :-)
BobF
2017-08-30 23:02:51 UTC
Post by Glennbo
and pressed these buttons...
Post by BobF
Post by Glennbo
Post by John Braner
Post by Glennbo
Post by John Braner
Post by Glennbo
Post by John Braner
Post by John Braner
[...]
The prior car we had was driven by SWMBO for 13 years. We kept it until
the needed repairs were higher cost than the value of the car.

We've had the current car for 4+ years. I put a ton down and financed
the rest at 0%. I got a pretty decent return on their munny during that
time ;)

My truck, was well used when I bought it. It's an '05 I bought in '09.
I still drive it when I need a truck. It needs ball joints pretty bad.
I'll prolly pony up a grand or so to get them replaced instead of going
in hock for a $50-60K truck. I don't see the point.

OTOH, I would LOVE to have a Yukon Denali XL. I rented one and drove it
in terrible winter weather this Jan past. I'm not willing to give up
$65-70K for the pleasure though.

I try to balance the whole vehicle cost thing. It's nice to have
something nice and reliable to drive, but I have limits :)
John Braner
2017-08-31 09:29:01 UTC
Post by Glennbo
and pressed these buttons...
Post by BobF
Post by Glennbo
Post by John Braner
Post by Glennbo
Post by John Braner
Post by Glennbo
Post by John Braner
Post by John Braner
[...]
Or you could stay in and play with sampled drums - for a whole lot cheaper1
Just sayin...
;-)
--
===========
John Braner

BobF
2017-08-31 13:26:40 UTC
Post by John Braner
Post by BobF
Post by Glennbo
and pressed these buttons...
Post by BobF
Post by Glennbo
Post by John Braner
Post by Glennbo
Post by John Braner
Post by Glennbo
LOL!
Glennbo
2017-08-31 15:15:46 UTC
In news:oo92ia$ikj$***@dont-email.me the killer robot BobF
Post by John Braner
Post by BobF
Post by Glennbo
Post by BobF
Post by Glennbo
Post by John Braner
Post by Glennbo
Post by John Braner
Post by Glennbo
Post by John Braner
Post by John Braner
[...]
How about a car that has sampled drums that play pre-fabricated beats that
match their tempo with the speed you drive? The faster you drive, the
faster and more busy the drum loops get in an interactive game kind of way!
BobF
I bet you could sell that in more than a few 'hoods around the country!!
Glennbo
2017-09-01 14:26:16 UTC
In news:oo9s4q$ehg$***@dont-email.me the killer robot BobF
Post by BobF
Post by Glennbo
Post by John Braner
Post by BobF
Post by Glennbo
Post by BobF
Post by Glennbo
Post by John Braner
Post by Glennbo
Post by John Braner
Post by Glennbo
Post by John Braner
Post by John Braner
[...]
The video game "Need For Speed II" had music that was controlled by the
speed of your car. If you came to a stop, most of the instruments would
drop out of the song and the tempo would slow down. Then when you hit the
gas and started accelerating, the tempo would speed up and more instruments
would get back into the music. It gave you incentive to go fast! :-)
Zelix

John Braner
2017-09-05 18:47:29 UTC
Post by Zelix
Post by John Braner
Hi,
[...]
Hey - thanks a lot for the listen (and comment) Zelix!
--
John Braner