New Song - Double Naught
Glennbo
2016-03-23 22:14:56 UTC
So I decided to record something using mostly acoustic instruments. The
first track I laid down was a rhythm guitar part using my 1933 Gibson
L-00 acoustic. After that, I grabbed my banjo and added a banjo solo at
the front section, then I added a mandolin track that comes in after the
banjo solo and initially plays backing chords, but then plays a solo at
the end of the song. After that I grabbed the "Double Naught" again and
added a guitar solo over the guitar and mandolin chord section.

Lastly I added an electric bass and a custom set of Superior Drums I made
just for this song. It only has kick, snare, and one cymbal played with a
set of Hot Rods, which gets an almost brush sound, but with more definition.

I call this one "Double Naught" since that was the catalyst instrument.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=10481&songID=13343632
--
Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
________ __
Hear My Music http://www.soundclick.com/ThePseudonyms
polymod
2016-03-24 20:01:15 UTC
"Glennbo" wrote in message news:***@213.239.209.88...

So I decided to record something using mostly acoustic instruments. The
first track I laid down was a rhythm guitar part using my 1933 Gibson
L-00 acoustic. After that, I grabbed my banjo and added a banjo solo at
the front section, then I added a mandolin track that comes in after the
banjo solo and initially plays backing chords, but then plays a solo at
the end of the song. After that I grabbed the "Double Naught" again and
added a guitar solo over the guitar and mandolin chord section.

Lastly I added an electric bass and a custom set of Superior Drums I made
just for this song. It only has kick, snare, and one cymbal played with a
set of Hot Rods, which gets an almost brush sound, but with more definition.

I call this one "Double Naught" since that was the catalyst instrument.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=10481&songID=13343632
Love it man! Very earthy! Acoustic sounds wonderful.

Poly
Glennbo
2016-03-24 21:11:59 UTC
In news:eIXIy.37378$***@fx37.iad the killer robot "polymod"
<***@optonline.net> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
Post by Glennbo
[...]
Thanks Poly!

The old 1933 Gibson acoustic is my family heirloom guitar, and I just
received the 1988 repair ticket from my cousin where he had "Gene Moles"
tweak it and do some repair work on it. Gene was considered a master
luthier and was the guy who built the red, white, and blue guitars that
Buck Owens played in the 70s. He even wrote some of the Surf Rock toons
that were played by The Ventures. I'm compiling all the info and things
like the repair tags so that when I my kid gets it, he will have the
complete history on it, which adds to it's value as a collectable, and as
the family heirloom instrument that it is. :-)
polymod
2016-03-25 18:12:59 UTC

Post by Glennbo
[...]

Always dug those red/white/blue Buck Owens guitars!

Poly
Glennbo
2016-03-25 19:14:41 UTC
In news:JcfJy.160368$***@fx35.iad the killer robot "polymod"
Post by Glennbo
Post by Glennbo
[...]
:-)
Always dug those red/white/blue Buck Owens guitars!
They were iconic!

The original ones he used on "Hee Haw" were made by "Semie Moseley" of
Mosrite Guitars, who Gene Moles was the quality control man for. Around
1966, Buck had Gene Moles make another set of them in Red White and Blue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Rich
polymod

Poly
Max
2016-03-25 22:21:47 UTC
Nice pickin'
Some of those resonating banjo string pickin' remeinded me of a sitar?
Especially when it had a little bend to the note! Don't know why???

Really like the Gibson and the Mandolin.

Wow over 3 min. Being retired, I guess you have more time now to work on
longer songs LOL!

Max Arwood
Glennbo
2016-03-26 04:56:42 UTC
In news:nd4dgp$3fr$***@dont-email.me the killer robot "Max"
<***@arwoodsNospamjewelry.com> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
Post by Max
Nice pickin'
Thanks Max! It's a bit loose in spots and has some tuning issues,
(the room really warmed up while I was recording), but it captures
the feel I was going for, which was kind of a Hoedown meets a BIG
Sky Aaron Copland fusion with a bit of rock and roll influence. :-)
Post by Max
Some of those resonating banjo string pickin' remeinded me of a sitar?
Especially when it had a little bend to the note! Don't know why???
Sitars have arched frets, so you can bend notes simply by pressing
harder. I tend to play with the note's pitch on a fret, simply due
to the fact that I get bored with a note that just hits the pitch.

I love the sound of a sitar, and would have one except for the space
they consume. One of my best friends and former band mates, David T.
has a real one from India, and we used to use it live when he and I,
along with another guy who could sing Beatles used to play together.

http://www.soundclick.com/mysoundclick/default.cfm?content=videos&vidID=47581&autoplay=0
Post by Max
Really like the Gibson and the Mandolin.
The Gibson now spans three generations in my family, so it's almost
magical for me when I use it on a song. The mandolin I bought about
a year ago, and am still figuring out how to play it.
Post by Max
Wow over 3 min. Being retired, I guess you have more time now to work
on longer songs LOL!
I didn't even have to try to make this one hit three minutes! <g>
Max

Glennbo
2016-03-29 15:49:35 UTC
In news:nde74g$v9g$***@dont-email.me the killer robot "Max"
Post by Max
Got to go listen to this "Aaron Copland" the ELP version!
Since buying my mandolin, which is tuned the same as the violin, I've come
to see how melodies like "Hoedown" were inspired. In fact, I picked out the
opening on my mandolin, stumbling upon part of it totally by accident. :-)
John Braner
2016-03-28 10:38:17 UTC
Post by Glennbo
So I decided to record something using mostly acoustic instruments. The
first track I laid down was a rhythm guitar part using my 1933 Gibson
L-00 acoustic. After that, I grabbed my banjo and added a banjo solo at
the front section, then I added a mandolin track that comes in after the
banjo solo and initially plays backing chords, but then plays a solo at
the end of the song. After that I grabbed the "Double Naught" again and
added a guitar solo over the guitar and mandolin chord section.
Lastly I added an electric bass and a custom set of Superior Drums I made
just for this song. It only has kick, snare, and one cymbal played with a
set of Hot Rods, which gets an almost brush sound, but with more definition.
I call this one "Double Naught" since that was the catalyst instrument.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=10481&songID=13343632
I like it - this one is different!

I think the acoustic instruments work well here ;-)
--
===========
John Braner

http://cdbaby.com/cd/JohnBraner
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
Glennbo
2016-03-28 14:52:55 UTC
In news:ndb1cp$6s7$***@dont-email.me the killer robot John Braner
<***@myhouse.com> grabbed the controls of the spaceship cakewalk.audio
and pressed these buttons...
Post by John Braner
Post by Glennbo
[...]
Thanks John! :-)

My acoustic instruments were getting all lonely, coz I've been paying
so much more attention to things like the new Stratocaster and stuff. ;)
John Braner
2016-03-29 08:30:08 UTC
Post by Glennbo
and pressed these buttons...
[...]