New Song FEATURING POLY - Round The Corner
Glennbo
2016-08-19 13:38:17 UTC
I was riding my bike early in the morning about a week ago, and as I
rounded the corner in my neighborhood, the cooler air and different look
of the light made me real aware that Fall is also right around the corner.

When I got back from my ride, I recorded the Wurlitzer electric piano,
Fender Stratocaster rhythm guitar, bass, and drums for this new song.

This is also the song I mentioned when I wrote my other song about Poly
being out on vacation, how I would write another one for him to play on
that would be longer and more structured. So this one does feature Poly
on solo electric guitar, plus solo and backing synthesizers. His hands
are functioning properly again too, after pulling up all that freaking
ivy that was taking over in his yard! I call this one "Round The Corner".

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=5672&songID=13435941
--
Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
________ __
Hear My Music http://www.soundclick.com/ThePseudonyms
BobF
Nice one guys! I don't hear anything wrong with Poly's hands at all :)
polymod

Poly
Glennbo
2016-08-20 18:52:20 UTC
In news:np7md7$b1b$***@dont-email.me the killer robot BobF
<***@spam.can> grabbed the controls of the spaceship cakewalk.audio
and pressed these buttons...
Post by BobF
Post by Glennbo
[...]
:)
Thanks Bob! Poly's hands seemed to be working pretty well on this one! :-)
John Braner
2016-08-20 11:03:25 UTC
Post by Glennbo
I was riding my bike early in the morning about a week ago, and as I
rounded the corner in my neighborhood, the cooler air and different look
of the light made me real aware that Fall is also right around the corner.
When I got back from my ride, I recorded the Wurlitzer electric piano,
Fender Stratocaster rhythm guitar, bass, and drums for this new song.
This is also the song I mentioned when I wrote my other song about Poly
being out on vacation, how I would write another one for him to play on
that would be longer and more structured. So this one does feature Poly
on solo electric guitar, plus solo and backing synthesizers. His hands
are functioning properly again too, after pulling up all that freaking
ivy that was taking over in his yard! I call this one "Round The Corner".
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=5672&songID=13435941
I like this a lot better than your last one G'bo ;-)

This is a nice effort - very commercial and reminds me of the 80s when when all these sounds were
brand new and "smooth jazz" hadn't been invented yet... ;-)
--
===========
John Braner

http://cdbaby.com/cd/JohnBraner
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
Glennbo
2016-08-20 18:59:21 UTC
In news:np9ddu$pul$***@news.albasani.net the killer robot John Braner
<***@myhouse.com> grabbed the controls of the spaceship cakewalk.audio
and pressed these buttons...
Post by John Braner
Post by Glennbo
[...]
Aw, you know you really like silly vocal music the best! <g>
Post by John Braner
This is a nice effort - very commercial and reminds me of the 80s when
when all these sounds were brand new and "smooth jazz" hadn't been
invented yet... ;-)
Thanks John!

It's sort of "end of Poly's vacation, beginning of Fall season" music. ;)
John Braner
2016-08-21 17:22:40 UTC
Post by John Braner
This is a nice effort - very commercial and reminds me of the 80s when
when all these sounds were brand new and "smooth jazz" hadn't been
invented yet... ;-)
Thanks John!
It's sort of "end of Poly's vacation, beginning of Fall season" music. ;)
Yeah - it is a "beginning of Fall" type of song... ;-)
--
===========

Dash
2016-08-20 18:29:55 UTC
Post by Glennbo
I was riding my bike early in the morning about a week ago, and as I
rounded the corner in my neighborhood, the cooler air and different look
of the light made me real aware that Fall is also right around the corner.
When I got back from my ride, I recorded the Wurlitzer electric piano,
Fender Stratocaster rhythm guitar, bass, and drums for this new song.
This is also the song I mentioned when I wrote my other song about Poly
being out on vacation, how I would write another one for him to play on
that would be longer and more structured. So this one does feature Poly
on solo electric guitar, plus solo and backing synthesizers. His hands
are functioning properly again too, after pulling up all that freaking
ivy that was taking over in his yard! I call this one "Round The Corner".
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=5672&songID=13435941
Very nice. Sweet!
--
-

"Opinions are like ears, and most every one has two of them and no two
ears are alike so what sounds one way to some might sound another way to
others. I call it the Earprint Principle." DR (That's me.)
Glennbo
Dash
2016-08-20 20:47:41 UTC
Post by Dash
Post by Glennbo
[...]
Thank you and very well produced I might add. Loved it.
--
-

Glennbo
2016-08-21 00:05:00 UTC
In news:npafli$bci$***@dont-email.me the killer robot Dash <-@nospam.dot>
Post by Dash
Post by Glennbo
Post by Dash
Post by Glennbo
[...]
I appreciate the recognition Dash! It was fun to work on this project.
Dash
2016-08-30 00:21:19 UTC
Post by Glennbo
I was riding my bike early in the morning about a week ago, and as I
rounded the corner in my neighborhood, the cooler air and different look
of the light made me real aware that Fall is also right around the corner.
When I got back from my ride, I recorded the Wurlitzer electric piano,
Fender Stratocaster rhythm guitar, bass, and drums for this new song.
This is also the song I mentioned when I wrote my other song about Poly
being out on vacation, how I would write another one for him to play on
that would be longer and more structured. So this one does feature Poly
on solo electric guitar, plus solo and backing synthesizers. His hands
are functioning properly again too, after pulling up all that freaking
ivy that was taking over in his yard! I call this one "Round The Corner".
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=5672&songID=13435941
Not to beat a live horse "Round the Corner" but there is no question
this is your all's best collaboration IMHO. I love how many drum hits
you fit in on your toms GBO between the 15 and 18 second mark. Poly's
solos are very catchy, and extremely *melodic*. The ivy pulling really
did something, I am telling you. Was that Jan Hammer thing you did
recently before or after the Ivy pull?

All instrumentation is top notch and I will say it again. The production
is very well done. Everything is stepping up *many* notches.

Rarely do I come back for more than a few times but this is really good
guys and to think about the equipment you guys are using makes me feel a
tad silly. Deltas? 16 Bit? C1's? Mackie pres or similar, 12-15 year old
plugs? I am guessing, but I think I am probably close.

I think i will just sell all of my really expensive gear and my studio
designed by one of the best and start fresh down here if the smoke
clears long enough for a bike ride around the corner with cooler air and
a different look of light. <g>

Turn it up! Give it another listen. Am I rite? I am telling ya.
--
-

Glennbo
2016-08-30 02:01:41 UTC
In news:nq2ji0$9hb$***@dont-email.me the killer robot Dash <-@nospam.dot>
Post by Dash
Post by Glennbo
[...]
Glad you like the toms! I don't think I mentioned it here, but Poly knows.
The drum kit on this is a real outside the box kit for me. I was tired of
all the drum samples (which I have a lot of) being tuned so low. I like a
tight drum kit, and have always tuned my snare and toms higher than most
drummers seem to like. I find they have a better rebound (I'm classicaly
trained and use lots of rudements), and I think they cut through a mix
better when tuned like that too.

Anyway, I had done what I would have considered the unthinkable with this
kit, which was to totally throw out the second floor tom, clone the one
and only rack tom two more times, and then tune it all up higher like I
would tune my acoustic drums. All the toms on this are only one tom that
has been turned into three, and one floor tom. Previously I would have
thought the integrity of using all the samples from the kit and keeping
them as close to the original tuning would enhance the realism, but I'm
now thinking screw that, and creating the arrangements of drums with the
tuning I want. This kit is now my default start up template drums.
Post by Dash
All instrumentation is top notch and I will say it again. The
production is very well done. Everything is stepping up *many*
notches.
I've compared this one with some older stuff and have noticed that I am
also getting less afraid to radically add bass and treble to a master.
I've always recorded flat with mics, and still do, but until recently,
I've tried keeping the final mixes close to flat as well, and am now
starting to rethink that. It's like I look at the controls and think
I'm adding too much because it *looks* like a lot visually, but in
reality doesn't sound like too much.
Post by Dash
Rarely do I come back for more than a few times but this is really
good guys and to think about the equipment you guys are using makes me
feel a tad silly. Deltas? 16 Bit? C1's? Mackie pres or similar, 12-15
year old plugs? I am guessing, but I think I am probably close.
I have two Delta AP2496 cards running at 24/44, and really only use one
of them since I record all my parts one track at a time. As for the mixer,
it's a Behringer RX1202FX and I use an original Rode-NT1. The majority of
plugs on this song are Sonic Timeworks EQ and CompressorX, along with some
Sonitus Multiband all of which are old DX based plugs, but in addition, I
also have some Lexicon Pantheon verbs on the drums and guitars, and a lot
of PSP Vintage Warmers which are VST based. The master has a db-audio
mastering limiter, Timeworks EQ (DX), Perfect Space convolution verb, and
PSP Vintage Warmer (VST) on it.
Post by Dash
I think i will just sell all of my really expensive gear and my studio
designed by one of the best and start fresh down here if the smoke
clears long enough for a bike ride around the corner with cooler air
and a different look of light. <g>
Sounds like a plan! :-)
Post by Dash
Turn it up! Give it another listen. Am I rite? I am telling ya.
Play it again Sam!!! <g>
Glennbo
2016-08-30 02:49:12 UTC
In news:***@213.239.209.88 the killer
robot Glennbo <***@cox.net> grabbed the controls of
the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
Post by Glennbo
I use an original Rode-NT1
Correction: That mic was not used on this song. The mic I used for this was
a Sennheiser MD421 on a Gretsch speaker cab in the closet powered by a tiny
little 20 watt Orange "Micro Terror" tube amp for the rhythm guitar parts.

I use the Rode-NT1 when I record acoustic guitar, mandolin, banjo,
percussion instruments, harmonica, and vocals, but not electric guitar.
Dash
2016-08-30 18:52:13 UTC
Post by Dash
Post by Glennbo
[...]
I agree the drums are cutting through and sound killer.
Post by Dash
All instrumentation is top notch and I will say it again. The
production is very well done. Everything is stepping up *many*
notches.
I've compared this one with some older stuff and have noticed that I am
also getting less afraid to radically add bass and treble to a master.
I've always recorded flat with mics, and still do, but until recently,
I've tried keeping the final mixes close to flat as well, and am now
starting to rethink that. It's like I look at the controls and think
I'm adding too much because it *looks* like a lot visually, but in
reality doesn't sound like too much.
The proof is in the pudding.
Post by Glennbo
Post by Dash
[...]
Thanks for the details and I wasn't too far off. So you are not
recording at 16 bits anymore? I figured as much and would have bet a
pretty penny that had changed, but not too too long ago you were, so
that is why I brought it up and I was also curious as heck.

A lot more headroom now, huh?
Post by Dash
Turn it up! Give it another listen. Am I rite? I am telling ya.
Play it again Sam!!! <g>
Okay, I think I will later. I played it again for my wife last night and
she gave it two thumbs up but please realize she only has two thumbs. <g>
--
-

Glennbo
2016-08-31 03:53:04 UTC
In news:nq4kku$8jd$***@dont-email.me the killer robot Dash <-@nospam.dot>
Post by Dash
Post by Glennbo
Post by Dash
Post by Glennbo
[...]
Thanks Dash. Seems like digital drums are an ever evolving instrument for me.
Post by Glennbo
Post by Dash
[...]
I switched to 24 bit about two years ago, primarily because I have a
one terabyte drive for audio, so I figgered what the heck. As far as
headroom goes, that never has been an issue for me. I still record
the same way I did with one inch reel to reel tape. Nice and hot and
through a compressor to shave off the peaks on the way in. I have a
"Real Nice Compressor" in-between my mixer and sound card, so that
anything coming out of the mixer goes through the compressor before
it ever gets to the sound card. I always set it such that 3db - 6db
of upper peaks get shaved before ever getting recorded.
Post by Dash
Post by Dash
Turn it up! Give it another listen. Am I rite? I am telling ya.
Play it again Sam!!! <g>
Okay, I think I will later. I played it again for my wife last night
and she gave it two thumbs up but please realize she only has two
thumbs. <g>
Tell her thanks from both me and Poly! :-)
Dash
2016-09-01 05:59:13 UTC
Post by Dash
Post by Glennbo
Post by Dash
Post by Dash
Turn it up! Give it another listen. Am I rite? I am telling ya.
Play it again Sam!!! <g>
Okay, I think I will later. I played it again for my wife last night
and she gave it two thumbs up but please realize she only has two
thumbs. <g>
Tell her thanks from both me and Poly! :-)
I will, and I have for sure.
--
-

polymod
[...]