New Song - Long Ago
Glennbo
2016-04-11 00:48:21 UTC
I finished up a song that I started back in 2003, that features
Joey Larsen on solo guitars. It originally had my infamous MIDI
banjo, but now has a *real* banjo, along with a Bonham sounding
drum kit from Superior Drummer 2. It never really had a title
and was only called "The Long Song" coz it's about three minutes.

It's now titled "Long Ago" at:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=5672&songID=13354745
--
Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
________ __
Hear My Music http://www.soundclick.com/ThePseudonyms
R. Lamar Duffy
2016-04-11 02:56:07 UTC
Glenn,

Hey, don't be disparaging MIDI banjo!

Seriously, this is my FAVORITE song you've ever posted. The only thing
I was hoping for was a sudden-stop type ending instead of the fade.
(Bonham would've wanted it that way)

Thanks for putting it up,

Lamar
Glennbo
2016-04-11 13:41:28 UTC
In news:nef3hn$o4b$***@dont-email.me the killer robot "R. Lamar Duffy"
<***@bellsouth.net> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
Post by R. Lamar Duffy
Glenn,
Hey, don't be disparaging MIDI banjo!
Hehe, I got a lot of miles out of the old MIDI banjo. It stayed in tune
better than my real banjo too! ;)
Post by R. Lamar Duffy
Seriously, this is my FAVORITE song you've ever posted. The only
thing I was hoping for was a sudden-stop type ending instead of the
fade. (Bonham would've wanted it that way)
Thanks Lamar! :-)

Only in the last few years have I gotten better about writing definite ends
to my songs. Back when the core of this one was written, I used to do the
lazy thing and fade with a solo. Since Joey isn't around to re-record any
of his parts, I was pretty stuck with the fade.
R. Lamar Duffy
2016-04-11 18:56:46 UTC
Post by Glennbo
Back when the core of this one was written, I used to do the
lazy thing and fade with a solo. Since Joey isn't around to re-record any
of his parts, I was pretty stuck with the fade.
Yep, you got what you got. He did a great job on this one, perfect tone
for the tune as well.

Lamar
Glennbo
2016-04-12 01:32:13 UTC
In news:negrqr$o69$***@dont-email.me the killer robot "R. Lamar Duffy"
Post by R. Lamar Duffy
Post by Glennbo
Back when the core of this one was written, I used to do the
lazy thing and fade with a solo. Since Joey isn't around to re-record
any of his parts, I was pretty stuck with the fade.
Yep, you got what you got.
I was glad I found this and able to finally do something with it. :-)
Post by R. Lamar Duffy
He did a great job on this one, perfect tone for the tune as well.
He was a brilliant player. I miss having him around.
John Braner
2016-04-11 12:00:23 UTC
Post by Glennbo
I finished up a song that I started back in 2003, that features
Joey Larsen on solo guitars. It originally had my infamous MIDI
banjo, but now has a *real* banjo, along with a Bonham sounding
drum kit from Superior Drummer 2. It never really had a title
and was only called "The Long Song" coz it's about three minutes.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=5672&songID=13354745
I really like this one too. The reverb, and especially on the fade out, evokes "long ago"...
This is right back to your rock roots (I would have put this firmly in a "rock" category) and it
sounds really good.
Joey's guitar work is great.
--
===========
John Braner

http://cdbaby.com/cd/JohnBraner
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
Glennbo
2016-04-11 13:48:06 UTC
In news:neg3eh$l3p$***@dont-email.me the killer robot John Braner
<***@myhouse.com> grabbed the controls of the spaceship cakewalk.audio
and pressed these buttons...
Post by John Braner
Post by Glennbo
I finished up a song that I started back in 2003, that features
Joey Larsen on solo guitars. It originally had my infamous MIDI
banjo, but now has a *real* banjo, along with a Bonham sounding
drum kit from Superior Drummer 2. It never really had a title
and was only called "The Long Song" coz it's about three minutes.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=5672&songID=13354745
I really like this one too. The reverb, and especially on the fade
out, evokes "long ago"... This is right back to your rock roots (I
would have put this firmly in a "rock" category) and it sounds really
good. Joey's guitar work is great.
Thanks John! :-)

I fired up Sonar 5 this weekend, and went through about half the songs
I had recorded with it. When I got to this one, I searched my hard drive
and all three of my Soundclick pages, and realized I had never published
this one. The drums sounded sorta cheezy, coz when I started this one,
I was using my V-Drums sounds, which are pretty fake, and the banjo was
my old MIDI banjo, so I pulled the song over to Reaper and re-recorded
a bunch of my parts using better sounding instruments.
Max

Glennbo
2016-04-12 01:34:14 UTC
In news:nego0i$90o$***@dont-email.me the killer robot "Max"
<***@arwoodsNospamjewelry.com> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
Post by Max
GREAT! I Love it!
Thanks Max! :-)
Yeah, it could use a little bump there. Thanks again!
Dash
2016-04-11 20:02:33 UTC
Post by Glennbo
I finished up a song that I started back in 2003, that features
Joey Larsen on solo guitars. It originally had my infamous MIDI
banjo, but now has a *real* banjo, along with a Bonham sounding
drum kit from Superior Drummer 2. It never really had a title
and was only called "The Long Song" coz it's about three minutes.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=5672&songID=13354745
Excellent! Yeah, I agree a hard stop would have sounded better but I
understand what you were up against.

Also, Soundclick updated itself because i was able to listen to it in
bed on my *smart phone* this morning and it looks different. It always
wanted me to sign in or something before and I would always have to
listen to soundclick on my computer because i never wanted to sign up.

Joey lives on and you made him proud bro. Nice job! ↑ ♫ ♪
-
Glennbo
2016-04-12 01:41:21 UTC
In news:negvmh$9lh$***@dont-email.me the killer robot Dash <-@nospam.dot>
Post by Dash
Post by Glennbo
I finished up a song that I started back in 2003, that features
Joey Larsen on solo guitars. It originally had my infamous MIDI
banjo, but now has a *real* banjo, along with a Bonham sounding
drum kit from Superior Drummer 2. It never really had a title
and was only called "The Long Song" coz it's about three minutes.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=5672&songID=13354745
Excellent! Yeah, I agree a hard stop would have sounded better but I
understand what you were up against.
Thanks Dash! :-)
Post by Dash
Also, Soundclick updated itself because i was able to listen to it in
bed on my *smart phone* this morning and it looks different. It always
wanted me to sign in or something before and I would always have to
listen to soundclick on my computer because i never wanted to sign up.
I think they let you download now, unless the artist has it restricted
to paying customers only. I do music to put a smile on people's faces!
Post by Dash
Joey lives on and you made him proud bro. Nice job! ƒÅ' ƒT® ƒTŠ
I was surprised as heck when I found this one and realized I'd never
finished it up and put it out there. We must have gotten side tracked
by something else, like the documentary project we did a lot of the
music on around that same time.
Dash
2016-04-12 23:48:14 UTC
Post by Dash
Post by Glennbo
I finished up a song that I started back in 2003, that features
Joey Larsen on solo guitars. It originally had my infamous MIDI
banjo, but now has a *real* banjo, along with a Bonham sounding
drum kit from Superior Drummer 2. It never really had a title
and was only called "The Long Song" coz it's about three minutes.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=5672&songID=13354745
Excellent! Yeah, I agree a hard stop would have sounded better but I
understand what you were up against.
You know the fact that it was done long ago and you have recreated it
and the fact that Joey has moved on to that better place a fade at the
end works fine...because I said so. <G>
Post by Glennbo
Thanks Dash! :-)
Thank you! Is it me, or is it you but your drumming and production chops
have greatly improved? Joey always has something to say as well unlike
most guitarists. It must be me. LOL
Post by Glennbo
Post by Dash
Also, Soundclick updated itself because i was able to listen to it in
bed on my *smart phone* this morning and it looks different. It always
wanted me to sign in or something before and I would always have to
listen to soundclick on my computer because i never wanted to sign up.
I think they let you download now, unless the artist has it restricted
to paying customers only. I do music to put a smile on people's faces!
The GUI changed with Soundclick on Android and to the better. Real nice
on the eyes with better functionality.
Post by Glennbo
Post by Dash
Joey lives on and you made him proud bro. Nice job! ƒÅ' ƒT® ƒT¦
I was surprised as heck when I found this one and realized I'd never
finished it up and put it out there. We must have gotten side tracked
by something else, like the documentary project we did a lot of the
music on around that same time.
Wow, keep looking and listening around then, you might find something
else. Have a sip on me tonight Bro main.
-
Glennbo
2016-04-13 18:16:27 UTC
In news:nek19n$7t4$***@dont-email.me the killer robot Dash <-@nospam.dot>
Post by Dash
Post by Glennbo
Post by Dash
Post by Glennbo
I finished up a song that I started back in 2003, that features
Joey Larsen on solo guitars. It originally had my infamous MIDI
banjo, but now has a *real* banjo, along with a Bonham sounding
drum kit from Superior Drummer 2. It never really had a title
and was only called "The Long Song" coz it's about three minutes.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=5672&songID=13354745
Excellent! Yeah, I agree a hard stop would have sounded better but I
understand what you were up against.
You know the fact that it was done long ago and you have recreated it
and the fact that Joey has moved on to that better place a fade at the
end works fine...because I said so. <G>
Well that settles it then! :-)
Post by Dash
Post by Glennbo
Thanks Dash! :-)
Thank you! Is it me, or is it you but your drumming and production
chops have greatly improved? Joey always has something to say as well
unlike most guitarists. It must be me. LOL
My production skills are definitely better than they were ten or more
years ago. So are my virtual and real instruments. As far as drumming
goes, I play almost every day, so I keep myself loosened up. The drums
on Long Ago were originally the sounds from my V-Drums, which are pretty
fake sounding. I dialed up that Bonham sounding kit in Superior Drummer 2,
and recorded the new drum track on the first take.
Post by Dash
Post by Glennbo
Post by Dash
Also, Soundclick updated itself because i was able to listen to it
in bed on my *smart phone* this morning and it looks different. It
always wanted me to sign in or something before and I would always
have to listen to soundclick on my computer because i never wanted
to sign up.
I think they let you download now, unless the artist has it
restricted to paying customers only. I do music to put a smile on
people's faces!
The GUI changed with Soundclick on Android and to the better. Real
nice on the eyes with better functionality.
I checked it out, but it's still the same on my Blackberry's browser.
Maybe they've implemented HTML5 or something.
Post by Dash
Post by Glennbo
Post by Dash
Joey lives on and you made him proud bro. Nice job! Ÿ' ŸT© ŸTÝ
I was surprised as heck when I found this one and realized I'd never
finished it up and put it out there. We must have gotten side tracked
by something else, like the documentary project we did a lot of the
music on around that same time.
Wow, keep looking and listening around then, you might find something
else. Have a sip on me tonight Bro main.
I only got through about half of the old stuff, so I'll definitely be
taking another stoll down memory lane. The picture I put with the song
came from an old CD from 2001. A couple weekends ago I went through and
threw out about 50 CDs with jewel cases that were taking up way too much
space on a shelf in the closet. I looked at each one, pulled any data off
them that was worth saving, and tossed them.
polymod
2016-04-12 12:46:02 UTC
"Glennbo" wrote in message news:***@213.239.209.88...

I finished up a song that I started back in 2003, that features
Joey Larsen on solo guitars. It originally had my infamous MIDI
banjo, but now has a *real* banjo, along with a Bonham sounding
drum kit from Superior Drummer 2. It never really had a title
and was only called "The Long Song" coz it's about three minutes.

It's now titled "Long Ago" at:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=5672&songID=13354745
Nice job bro...and a fitting tribute to Joey's playing.

Poly
Glennbo
Zelix
Top Nacch, pal. I'm digging it.
Dash
2016-04-14 14:56:38 UTC
Post by Zelix
Top Nacch, pal. I'm digging it.
Groovy, that is like so stoked man.
-
Glennbo
2016-04-14 17:14:06 UTC
In news:***@news.eternal-september.org the
killer robot Dash <***@nospam.net> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
Post by Dash
Post by Zelix
Top Nacch, pal. I'm digging it.
Groovy, that is like so stoked man.
I was wearing bell bottom blue jeans when I started writing that song!
;)

On another note, I've been cleaning out lots of old CDs and DVDs, and
last night I came across a video from 1988 that was a jam party in the
livingroom of my old house. There were about twenty musicians there, and
at one point the camera pans down a line of guys, and it was like
"deceased, deceased, deceased, alive, deceased, deceased, deceased."

Joey Larsen was at that jam, but was only one of about six other
musicians who were also there and have since gone to the next level. I
showed my wife and she was also astonished at how many of the people in
that one panned camera shot were no longer living. One of them was the
guy who introduced my wife and I when I was playing clubs in the 80s.
Dash
2016-04-14 19:01:49 UTC
Post by Glennbo
I was wearing bell bottom blue jeans when I started writing that song!
Yeah, I remember bell bottoms and *platform* shoes for *guys*. I
literally became lame after walking all day at school with platform
shoes with a two and a half inch rise in the heel and then cleats on my
sports shoes which were too long in the front of my shoes because the
ground was too hard. So I was like this \ & then this / and finally
ended up not even being able to walk. I had to lose those shoes.
Post by Glennbo
On another note, I've been cleaning out lots of old CDs and DVDs, and
last night I came across a video from 1988 that was a jam party in the
livingroom of my old house.
*Major* purge going on here as well and one two years ago and I am
trying to let things that really mattered to me go because I am at the
age that less is best and less to worry about. I have been studying the
effects of what makes people stress out and a major reason in my
findings is our society has way too much stuff to worry about with dust,
maintenance, insurance, and what have you.
Post by Glennbo
There were about twenty musicians there, and
at one point the camera pans down a line of guys, and it was like
"deceased, deceased, deceased, alive, deceased, deceased, deceased."
Joey Larsen was at that jam, but was only one of about six other
musicians who were also there and have since gone to the next level. I
showed my wife and she was also astonished at how many of the people in
that one panned camera shot were no longer living. One of them was the
guy who introduced my wife and I when I was playing clubs in the 80s.
Tough losing people and it happens all our lives.
-
Glennbo
2016-04-15 00:28:42 UTC
In news:neop8k$4qk$***@dont-email.me the killer robot Dash <-@nospam.dot>
Post by Dash
Post by Glennbo
I was wearing bell bottom blue jeans when I started writing that song!
Yeah, I remember bell bottoms and *platform* shoes for *guys*. I
literally became lame after walking all day at school with platform
shoes with a two and a half inch rise in the heel and then cleats on my
sports shoes which were too long in the front of my shoes because the
ground was too hard. So I was like this \ & then this / and finally
ended up not even being able to walk. I had to lose those shoes.
OMG, platform shoes! Made me about 6'3"!
Post by Dash
Post by Glennbo
On another note, I've been cleaning out lots of old CDs and DVDs, and
last night I came across a video from 1988 that was a jam party in the
livingroom of my old house.
*Major* purge going on here as well and one two years ago and I am
trying to let things that really mattered to me go because I am at the
age that less is best and less to worry about. I have been studying the
effects of what makes people stress out and a major reason in my
findings is our society has way too much stuff to worry about with dust,
maintenance, insurance, and what have you.
Yeah, I'm lightening my load. Too many years of stuff taking up too much
space that could be used for other stuff!
Post by Dash
Post by Glennbo
There were about twenty musicians there, and
at one point the camera pans down a line of guys, and it was like
"deceased, deceased, deceased, alive, deceased, deceased, deceased."
Joey Larsen was at that jam, but was only one of about six other
musicians who were also there and have since gone to the next level. I
showed my wife and she was also astonished at how many of the people in
that one panned camera shot were no longer living. One of them was the
guy who introduced my wife and I when I was playing clubs in the 80s.
Tough losing people and it happens all our lives.
It just blows me away how I'm still around, and so many other people I've
known over the years are not. And I'm the one who as a 9 year old kid
decided to make a SUPER electro magnet by wiring a copper wire wrapped nail
to a 110/120v AC plug. Guess how well that worked!!! BZZZZZZZZT!!!

Every single light in the house went out, yet my lights stayed on! ;)
Dash
2016-04-15 03:43:56 UTC
On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 00:28:42 -0000 (UTC), Glennbo
Post by Glennbo
Every single light in the house went out, yet my lights stayed on!
;)

Yeah, I can totally relate, it is a miracle that I made it through
too but I will spare you *all* the bloody details.
-
Glennbo
2016-04-15 03:52:17 UTC
Post by Dash
Post by Glennbo
Every single light in the house went out, yet my lights stayed on!
;)
Yeah, I can totally relate, it is a miracle that I made it through
too but I will spare you *all* the bloody details.
If there was blood involved, then thanks coz I don't like bloody stories!
Glennbo
2016-04-14 17:03:19 UTC
In news:neo53q$ma4$***@dont-email.me the killer robot Zelix
<***@gmail.com> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
Post by Zelix
Post by Glennbo
I finished up a song that I started back in 2003, that features
Joey Larsen on solo guitars. It originally had my infamous MIDI
banjo, but now has a *real* banjo, along with a Bonham sounding
drum kit from Superior Drummer 2. It never really had a title
and was only called "The Long Song" coz it's about three minutes.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=5672&songID=13354745
Top Nacch, pal. I'm digging it.
Thanks Zelix! :-)

How's the project studio coming along?
Zelix
2016-04-15 14:38:56 UTC
Post by Zelix
Post by Glennbo
I finished up a song that I started back in 2003, that features
Joey Larsen on solo guitars. It originally had my infamous MIDI
banjo, but now has a *real* banjo, along with a Bonham sounding
drum kit from Superior Drummer 2. It never really had a title
and was only called "The Long Song" coz it's about three minutes.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=5672&songID=13354745
Top Nacch, pal. I'm digging it.
Thanks Zelix! :-)
How's the project studio coming along?
Everything is crazy here. I recently go back from Japan. We had to
attend my Father in law's funeral. I'm still working on the shed that
will house all the tools and such that currently resides in the garage.
It's been really rainy this spring so it's crippled my progress.

I hope to get the shed completed in may. I'll gut the garage and begin
work in June on the studio.
Glennbo
2016-04-15 16:08:31 UTC
In news:nequ7n$rjd$***@dont-email.me the killer robot Zelix
Post by Zelix
Post by Glennbo
Post by Zelix
Post by Glennbo
[...]
Sorry to hear bout your father-in-law. We just put a bunch of plants in
the ground two days ago. If they do well, I'll have bell peppers,
jalapenos, garlic, russet potatoes, and three kinds of tomatoes. A friend
with a greenhouse set us up this year, so we didn't have to buy anything.
:-)