New Song - Jazz Skin
Glennbo
2016-07-11 20:50:20 UTC
My latest creation. I wanted to use the old big band jazz drums that
I got for Christmas a year ago, so I wrote this song around the drum
groove. I'm playing Wurlitzer electric backing piano, Rhodes solo
piano, Gibson electric backing guitar and solo, along with 5-String
electric bass and of course the old big band sounding jazz drums.

It's titled "Jazz Skin" at:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=10481&songID=13413847
--
Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
________ __
Hear My Music http://www.soundclick.com/ThePseudonyms
Dash
2016-07-12 05:25:50 UTC
Post by Glennbo
My latest creation. I wanted to use the old big band jazz drums that
I got for Christmas a year ago, so I wrote this song around the drum
groove. I'm playing Wurlitzer electric backing piano, Rhodes solo
piano, Gibson electric backing guitar and solo, along with 5-String
electric bass and of course the old big band sounding jazz drums.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=10481&songID=13413847
I likey, definitely retro sounding until the guitar chimes in and that
is you. Bass is a bit muffled but that might be what you were going for.
Great job!
-
Glennbo
2016-07-12 14:04:18 UTC
In news:nm1v0u$d1d$***@dont-email.me the killer robot Dash <-@nospam.dot>
grabbed the controls of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these
buttons...
Post by Dash
Post by Glennbo
My latest creation. I wanted to use the old big band jazz drums that
I got for Christmas a year ago, so I wrote this song around the drum
groove. I'm playing Wurlitzer electric backing piano, Rhodes solo
piano, Gibson electric backing guitar and solo, along with 5-String
electric bass and of course the old big band sounding jazz drums.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=10481&songID=13413847
I likey, definitely retro sounding until the guitar chimes in and that
is you. Bass is a bit muffled but that might be what you were going
for. Great job!
Thanks Dash! :-)

I was originally going for a early 60s jazz quartet sound, but as the song
progressed, I moved away from the cleaner jazz tone on guitar that I had
planned to use, because I have such an issue getting my fingers to play
what I'm thinking in my head, so I fell back on a more sustainy lead tone.
polymod
2016-07-12 16:03:24 UTC
"Glennbo" wrote in message news:***@213.239.209.88...

My latest creation. I wanted to use the old big band jazz drums that
I got for Christmas a year ago, so I wrote this song around the drum
groove. I'm playing Wurlitzer electric backing piano, Rhodes solo
piano, Gibson electric backing guitar and solo, along with 5-String
electric bass and of course the old big band sounding jazz drums.

It's titled "Jazz Skin" at:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=10481&songID=13413847
Nice tune!
Something about it reminds me of "On Broadway".

Poly
Glennbo
2016-07-12 16:57:48 UTC
In news:hx8hz.1$***@fx12.iad the killer robot "polymod"
<***@optonline.net> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
Post by Glennbo
My latest creation. I wanted to use the old big band jazz drums that
I got for Christmas a year ago, so I wrote this song around the drum
groove. I'm playing Wurlitzer electric backing piano, Rhodes solo
piano, Gibson electric backing guitar and solo, along with 5-String
electric bass and of course the old big band sounding jazz drums.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=10481&songID=13413847
Nice tune!
Something about it reminds me of "On Broadway".
Thanks Poly!

Whatever the thwo chords are that I'm playing on the backing tracks
are a similar interval apart to the chords to "On Broadway", at least
I think that is the case.
polymod

Poly
John Braner
2016-07-14 09:57:26 UTC
Post by Glennbo
My latest creation. I wanted to use the old big band jazz drums that
I got for Christmas a year ago, so I wrote this song around the drum
groove. I'm playing Wurlitzer electric backing piano, Rhodes solo
piano, Gibson electric backing guitar and solo, along with 5-String
electric bass and of course the old big band sounding jazz drums.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=10481&songID=13413847
Sounds good - I agree that the guitar gives it away as not really being "retro". but since it's
2016, that's OK right? ;-)

The bass is a little "flabby". Maybe it's intentional, but I think I'd tighten up the tone a little ;-)

Good jazz effort though ;-)
--
===========
John Braner

http://cdbaby.com/cd/JohnBraner
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
Glennbo
2016-07-14 15:48:33 UTC
In news:nm7nm9$jvn$***@news.albasani.net the killer robot John Braner
<***@myhouse.com> grabbed the controls of the spaceship cakewalk.audio
and pressed these buttons...
Post by John Braner
Post by Glennbo
My latest creation. I wanted to use the old big band jazz drums that
I got for Christmas a year ago, so I wrote this song around the drum
groove. I'm playing Wurlitzer electric backing piano, Rhodes solo
piano, Gibson electric backing guitar and solo, along with 5-String
electric bass and of course the old big band sounding jazz drums.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=10481&songID=13413847
Sounds good - I agree that the guitar gives it away as not really
being "retro". but since it's 2016, that's OK right? ;-)
The bass is a little "flabby". Maybe it's intentional, but I think I'd
tighten up the tone a little ;-)
Good jazz effort though ;-)
Thanks John! I was going for a less focused sound on everything, since
the drums have such an open and ringy sound, but as everyone has noticed
I abandoned that idea by the time I was recording the guitar. I just can't
play clean tone solo stuff, so I fall back on the sustainy fuzzy tones that
hide my less than stellar fingering on guitar solos. ;)